Simple guidance for submitting pre-recorded talks:
- Check the prescribed duration of your talk: for most of us, this is 12 min for the talk allowing a couple of minutes for questions.
- Simplest method is to record yourself talking to your Powerpoint using Zoom:
- Open your Powerpoint on your computer.
- Open Zoom and set to ‘record to the web’.
- Choose ‘share screen’ and select your Powerpoint.
- Begin to talk as you work your way through the Powerpoint; stop sharing and close Zoom at end.
- Go to your recording (Zoom will send you a link when it is complete; sometimes takes a few hours). You can easily trim off the beginning or the end with the ‘scissors’ icon, e.g. if you had some false starts.
- Share the link to the recording with the conference organisers.
- A higher image quality can be achieved if you record yourself presenting within Powerpoint itself. This will save itself as a huge file which you will need to submit to the conference organisers; we will have a Drop Box or equivalent available for transferring these large files.
- Be aware that the picture of yourself talking is always shown in bottom right of the screen in Powerpoint so ensure your slides don’t have important facts or images there.
- Basics instructions for Zendto:
To drop off your file go to
Fill in section for Request Code
You will be emailed a link, which you can then drop off the file.
In the to box firstname.lastname@example.org
Select your file and click drop off.
If you have any queries please contact the Conference Secretary,
Jenny Taylor email@example.com